Wedding season is just around the corner, and if you want amazing wedding flowers, there are a few things your florist will need to know first!
Get the details right before you begin discussions and you’ll not only save time, but money as well. Make sure you know the answers to these questions:
- What theme will your wedding take? Flowers typically grown in a cottage garden will complement a country style wedding, while hot tropical blooms will favour a beach setting.
- What are your accent colours? Cool and calm, or bright and bold?
- Where will your wedding be? Will flowers be required for the whole venue? What about the table centerpieces and bridal table? Don’t forget to factor in travel time and costs.
- How many bridesmaids will you have?
- What is your floral budget?
- What inspires you? Pinterest is great – but don’t bring your entire collection – just the pictures you adore.
The Bridal Bouquet
Brides have carried flowers since ancient Roman times as a symbol of new beginnings. Choose flowers that you love and that make you feel happy when you look at them. (Bonus points if they complement your dress!)
Stuck on style? Check these out!
Reminiscent of a waterfall, this arrangement of flowers with trailing foliage makes a very dramatic statement.
Posy | Hand Tied | Round
The popular circular posy is made up of mainly flowers with the stems wrapped in ribbon.
Where as the Hand Tied is a natural-looking bunches contain an assortment of flowers and greenery, and are tied with twine, ribbon or whatever you please.
A round bouquet is usually made up of one type of flower in one colour, but multicoloured bunches look fabulous too.
Similar to a posy, but incorporates more greenery for a less stylised look.
Arm sheaf bouquet
Designed to be cradled in the arm. You can have the stems showing, or have flowers at each end.
It’s best if you book your wedding flowers as soon as you can, this is so all the styling arrangements can be nailed down in plenty of time. Ivy Lane Florist is taking wedding bookings now, with a very special offer.
Book before the end of August and you’ll receive your groom and groomsmen’s buttonholes absolutely free!
Don’t delay, discuss your wedding plans with Ivy Lane Florist now.